Kingswood Montessori Academy accepts children from 18 months through 5th grade. Although Kingswood will accept students in the elementary who have not had a Montessori experience in pre-school, the pre-school education is at the base of our learning pyramid.
Kingswood reserves the right to deny enrollment to students who have developmental problems that interfere with the student’s learning process. If the student can adapt, the facility is open to him, but if a personal aide is required, the school does not share this cost.Application in PDF format Parent Handbook - PDF
1) Call for an appointment to tour the facility Phone: (305) 248-2308. Children are welcome to come.
2) Fill out an application.
3) Both parents attend a small group orientation meetingwith the Principal and learn about the details of Montessori and Kingswood. This is for parents only. Orientation meetings are usually held in the evening during the month of April.
4) Elementary parent orientations are scheduled individually with the principal. Elementary level students will be tested for determination of strengths and weaknesses in the learning profile. A separate fee must be paid to the outside testing agency.
5) Bring your child to see the school and meet both the Teacher and Principal. This can be done at Open House in the fall.
6) If the student is already in elementary and is transferring from another school, a transcript of grades, SAT tests, health records and previous psychological testing must be presented before interview.
7) Signed finicial agreement to be submitted with $500 registration fee.Application in PDF format Parent Handbook - PDF
Registration for the next fall school term occurs in January for those students already enrolled at Kingswood. Beginning in February, registration is open to all students. A registration fee of $500 is paid at the time of enrollment. When this fee is accepted with a completed application and finicial application it insures your child will have a place in the classroom. The fee is not refundable.
Tuition payments are usually made monthly and are managed by SMART Tuition Management Company. Single and biannual payment may be made directly to Kingswood. There is a late fee of $45.00 added to your account if your payment is received late.